Thursday, February 11, 2010

Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D Digital SLR Camera

Canon releases a camera Canon Rebel XSi / 450D in this case that has feature improvements, including a higher resolution sensor, over the current higher end *0D model. We saw this when the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi / 400D was released while the Canon EOS 30D was current. At that time, the 30D remained my strong preference. This time, my choice is not as clear.

The first thing I noticed when I picked up the Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D was that the feel of the grip has been majorly improved over the XTi / 400D. However, the actual physical changes are minor. Basically, the big difference for me is that the fingertip portion of the grip is recessed slightly farther up the body (closer to the self-timer lamp). That translates to my pinky fitting on the grip - which gives me much more control over the camera body. Of course, I have a medium-sized male hand - this change may not be enough for those with very large hands - and may not matter to those whose hands fit the prior body style. The rubberized front half of the grip makes the hold even more sure - and it feels better in my hand. So, the improved grip is a good start for me.

There are many additional body changes incorporated into the XSi / 450D. Hover your mouse over the links below the following picture to compare the Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D back with its predecessor, the XTi / 400D, and the 40D. I included Canon's current high end point and shoot model, the PowerShot G9, for comparison as well.



Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl

0 comments: on "Canon EOS Rebel XSi / 450D Digital SLR Camera"

Post a Comment